Happy New Year!
We are leaving 2011 in pretty much the same condition as we are entering 2012. The Islamic world is with a few exceptions bleeding and struggling with despot rulers and old leadership fighting to keep their privileges and influence. I think we all agree that it is terrible to see so many life’s lost and so much brutality being used against civilians, but what I think we also can see is that the world is in progress for the better.
t is for many of us quite hopeless to see women with scarves and vales and even more pitiful to hear women defend this medieval behaviour, but it is not that long ago since we had dictatorships in Greece, Spain and Portugal and even shorter since the Iron curtain fell and as to women’s dress code, 100 years ago all women in Scandinavia and the rest of the Western part of Europe wore scarf everyday and cursed be those who did not attend church on Sundays.
o despite the fact that the economic and financial situation is pretty grim, 2012 may not be so bad after all.
Global Online Trading
e have now the Plus500 trading platform ready for you in 13 different languages with associated markets. If any of our trading clients wants access to other markets, like a French trader wants access to the German or Polish market, we will be more than pleased to make that available in French or vice versa. We also plan to add another seven to eight languages and markets available during January.
The advantage you as a customer have by utilizing Economic Consultants is our more than 25 years experience of trading, especially in the currency market. On our web site you will now find comprehensive definitions and explanations on all major markets.
asy to follow instructions in a number of languages and if that is not enough, just contact us and we will help you get going!
Bonus for New Traders!
As a new customer we are offering you a bonus. Log in and get it.
|How to claim my 25€ FREE BONUS?
No deposit required!
|Register the Plus500 trading system on the EC Web Site.
Click on ‘Trade for Real’.
Click on ‘Open a new account’.
Click on ‘Funds Management’ in the lower left hand corner.
Select a deposit method.
Enter the bonus code (from the table below) in the deposit field.
The bonus amount will be added to your account once you have traded the required number of trader points.
25€ will be added to your account and you can start trading.
he Norwegian Krone has fallen after the Central banks reduction with 0.5%. The bank got what it was looking for and as predicted a significant reduction made the trick. So far so good , but will it last, the difference between the most significant trading partners is still high and will still a slow European marked they may have to make a new reduction before the end of Q1.
nterestingly enough the Italian’s managed to sell their bonds at a interest level giving hope for the future. The major test will come when they have the next renewal.
he Christmas shopping figures increased with 3% from last year. With a slow start it looked pretty gloomy, but it picked up and shows that the Norwegian market in no way has allowed a halting European market to take away optimism.
ince the Euro has fallen against the US$ we need to see effects from the internal discussions. It do seems like a willingness from the German/French side to try to reach out to countries like Denmark and Britain and from the latest signals it is a reason to believe that they are willing to go quite far to achieve some degree of consensus in a common budget regulation.
So will we see a stable level of interest rates both in the US and Europe in the next months. One thing is certain it is not much more to go on. Key factors will be if they will be able to handle the sky high unemployment levels and bring growth into the economy. With heavy cut backs in government spending growth must come from the private sector. It is hard to see how that can happen without finding ways of stimulating trade and here I guess we will see the difference of socialistic and liberal models.
s we have been saying for quite a while, the Norwegian government is ready to put money into the IMF system, the remaining question is of course how much they are willing to risk.
Magnetic Emission Control.
The company is following the EC Investment Program. We will present the company and developments made and keep you up to date on progress achieved. MEC is a very interesting company with a huge potential and has already reached some of it’s goals.
he internal combustion engine (ICE) has been under constant development ever since it’s invention by engineer Otto in 1876. The result of this work is the refined modern machinery we know today. Some developments have been large, but most of the ICE’s evolution has been through smaller, decisive steps. For the last few decades, the focus has increasingly been on reduced fuel consumption and reduction of harmful emissions. Particle filters and EGR has been used in an effort to limit these emissions, but both have had a negative effect on the performance of the engine. In order to counteract these effects, manufacturers have been creative and put a large effort into alternative methods of improvement such as optimized tire patterns and extensive use of new, lighter materials.
hrough the history of the ICE many, if not all, areas of improvement have been explored. Each year, the automotive and engine industry spends enormous sums for R&D. Converted to reduced consumption or improved fuel efficiency; this corresponds to about USD 150-200 million per percent reduced.
MEC makes the difference in;Open a new area of development as well as reopen previously explored areas.
Provide a significant reduction of fuel consumed
Reduce the amount of soot produced in the combustion process by 40-80%, which greatly aids systems such as EGR vents, particle filters, exhaust systems, etc.
he hypothesis that magnetism may have positive effects on fuel can be traced back to World War II. None of the previous products could produce physically or chemically sound explanations, as they were never sufficiently tested by scientific method. Because of this, both scientists and the industry have considered this particular application of magnetism pseudoscience – making claims of being scientific without complying with the strict demands of scientific methods.
ver since its establishment MEC has been working on hypothesis that approaches physics and chemistry from different angles than those before. A scientifically sound hypothesis will strengthen the work of the company, and being the leader of its development puts the company in a unique position. MEC has a unique approach to the basics of physics and chemistry, will be able to strengthen its intellectual property (IP) by developing and applying for more patents based on new insights.
he hypothesis that was the basis for the prototypes, product design and the patents has been vigorously tested, and has succeeded. MEC owns all rights to the IP of its technology.
he fall 2011, MEC AS was invited by US Department of Energy (US DoE) to prepare a study – “The effects of Magnetism on the molecular structure of vehicle fuels (An Investigative look at Rare Earth Magnets)”. This study will, together with the document – “Use of Magnetic Influx to Reduce Emissions in Coal Burning Plants” form the basis for a test project together with US DoE – and other nations, to demonstrate the effect on Coal Burning Power Plants.
EC’s approach has been focused on the fact that previous attempts gave intermittent results, but was based on lacking understanding of the technology and the systems on which it was to be applied.
EC’s technology, where correctly calibrated magnetic fields are introduced to a combustion engine in the correct fashion, leads to an increased torque due to improvements in the combustion processes. As a result of this improvement, several positive effects can be observed, the most important of which are reductions in both consumption and emission. MEC has performed multiple tests, and has achieved reproducible positive results, producing a lot of attention in the international community. From what MEC has experienced, it is currently the only company in the world which can show these kinds of documentation.
s of today, there are more than 17,000 satisfied customers in Europe and USA. Additional 10,000 units are ordered in USA, with more to come. Currently MEC is establishing in Middle East (Dubai), with strategic plans for expanding within GCC area, Africa and India in phase 1.
s of this communiqué, MEC has applied for and received three different patents that approach the technology from different angles. In order to further protect the technology, a further two general and three technical patent applications are being drawn up.
MEC has documented its results quite well;
– AVL – blind study (without, with, without) driven as described by New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) – by AVL MTC. (report and description available by request) – Auburn University – “Engine Dynamometer Testing” – Auburn University, AL. (report and description available by request) – SAE J1321 / TMC RP-1109 – “Program for Advanced Vehicle Evaluation” (PAVE) – Auburn University, AL (report and description available by request) – MEC has also done several user-driven tests. These have been of varying degrees with respect to scientific method. Amongst these are:
– NAF, Bergen, Norway
– Sperre Group, Norway
– CU-ICAR, SC, USA
– Vision Tours, LLC, MS, USA
– US Army National Guard, Camp Shelby, Hattiesburg, MS, USA
The theory, knowledge and experience dictates that the technology MEC has to offer will produce positive results in all combustion engines. As a result, MEC has chosen to differentiate the applications of its technology into the following segments:
– Combustion engines – large and medium engines (cars, trucks, construction equipment, etc.). The interest from large fleet operators are growing. The company has made solid contacts within the automotive and engine industry.
– Ship engines – the technology has previously been tested by Höegh Autoliners ASA, giving positive results. MEC recently began a test project with the shipping company Wilh. Wilhelmsen ASA. The project will run until the end of the second quarter of 2012, and is being followed closely by the national industry including The Norwegian Ship Owners’ Association. Recently a growing interest from international industry is discovered. MEC expect a reduction of at least 3 % of bunker for the actual test vessel. For each % reduction, it means approx. USD 100k pr. vessel pr. year.
– Gas turbines – solid contacts have been made with several off the large parties in development and production of gas turbines and airplane engines. A test project supported by the US Air Force is planned to begin in the second quarter of 2012. A preliminary project, using computational modelling of all the relevant aspects of turbine efficiency/factors is underway. The results here will be tested in a real-world scenario.
– Coal power plants – good contact has been established directly with the US Department of Energy (US DoE) as well as federal research institutions. A test project with the US DoE is planned, with a tentative start date in the first quarter of 2012. Besides working with NETL on the basic principles (physics) MEC is invited to start work at Sandia National Laboratories. The test project is being followed by large international investors as well as multiple nations dependent on coal power. Today approx. 41 % of produced electricity is based on Coal. Even with strong focus on renewable energy, these numbers are expected increasing to 44 % the next 20 years. For each % reduced consumption of coal, the reduction of CO2 emission is calculated to be 2 – 3% i.e. a huge potential for the MEC technology.
– Open flares – MEC has a LOI which confirms the interest from Expro Norway AS. They express belief in MEC Technology to further improvement of their own burner technology. Recently “major players” from the Middle East also have shown growing interest.
– Asphalt and cement production – the technology has shown good results during testing in Norway. New scientific tests are being performed at and by Auburn University, AL during the first half of 2012.
o strenghten the working capital and organisation MEC is looking for new investors. We will follow up with a new Investment Teaser later on in January.
Latest New Tech
For the last few years Apple has set the bench mark for their innovation with mobile phones, in 2012 this is going to be the case again. Of course this is only if you want touch screen phone technology. The New mobile phones 2012 range from Samsung, HTC and Nokia is going to be their best yet by a long way as they try to give us handsets to surpass Apple!
ithout doubt Android Phones are going to be massive as Samsung, HTC & Sony Ericsson become more adventurous in 2012! Mobile Phones technology from Symbian will also aim to push Apple and Android hard! Lets not forget windows, who we are all comfortable with for laptops and PC’s, will their mobile phones 2012 be the best?
NOKIA Lumia 800
ith the NOKIA Lumia 800 every detail floats to life on the surface of the curved 3.7″ ClearBlack display, bringing striking clarity, indoors and out. And with a seamless, deep-dyed body and cutting-edge 8 MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics, you’ve got a revolutionary smartphone in the palm of your hand. Specific colours vary by country. Check with your local retailer for more information.
Seamless design with curved glass and one-piece body Floating 3.7″ ClearBlack AMOLED display Carl Zeiss 8MP wide angle lens Social integration so you can see all your friends in one place.
Display; 800×480 (ClearBlack floating 3.7″ AMOLED). Processor; 1.4 GHz Single Core / Qualcomm. Camera; Yes (8MP, Carl Zeiss lens with LED flash, autofocus and HD video). Battery Life; 8 hours/16 days.
If you want any information on our exiting projects, you are more than welcome to contact us. A number of new and useful Templates are published every week. Stay on top go to the